Monday, November 2, 2009

Readjusting

Things are different. It's interesting. The eight months we spent in the Ukraine went by very quickly but at the same time it has felt like a long time. This past week has been mostly recovering from the jet leg and getting things in order with our car and my school. We have our car again which is a nice luxury. Our friends Brett and Rachael had our car while we were gone. They came by and hungout with us Friday and Saturday. We went out to Canmore with them to do a short hike and to catch up. This was very pleasant. To walk and visit. In Ukraine we walked a lot and had gotten used to this but here we have become lazy with our car. And then visiting freely with our friends was quite a treat as well. Not just visiting but talking about spiritual matters as well. I found this quite refreshing. To visit about everything and anything and being comfortable to do so. Sadly though they have moved to Lloydminster so we will only get to see them once in awhile.




Our first Sunday back to Journey church brought mixed feelings. We enjoyed seeing everyone again and catching up. We enjoyed singing in English and having Canadian pizza afterwards. Oh, I have forgotten how soft and tasty our pizza is. But a part of me was sad as well. My thoughts would linger to our congregation in the Ukraine and our friends there. A part of me wishes I could be with them but I know our time is to be here now.

Today, Laurie and I went to Ambrose to visit with a counselor there. The lady there has had many experiences with missions work and moving around so she was able to help us speak through our experiences. She helped us work through some emotional aspects of our leaving and readjusting. Its interesting. Our emotions are connected with everything we do...even if we don't realize it.

This week we are taking a trip. I have a new nephew, Alexander. So we are going to Camrose to see him and the family.

I am procrastinating. I have two more assignments that need to get done for my school in the next couple of weeks. But I plan to focus much attention on them when we get back. Until then...

No comments: